I'm wondering if anyone has any tips, tutorials or templates on how to 'fake' a printed effect. I want to make it look in my portfolio like I have printed business cards and other collateral without doing so.
I don't know about a template. You'd need to
- select an image or texture for your surface
- drop your art in at the desired angle
- overlay the setting with a gradient and add shadows for a lighting angle
- add soft-focus for effect
- judiciously apply film grain to temper that overly-smooth cgi look
Get one setting working the way you like, then create a few alts and you have your own template :)