How can I overlay a rainbow gradient over a photographic image in Photoshop?


How can I make this color effect in Photoshop? Is it a gradient?

10/26/2016 9:20:00 AM

  1. Convert your source image to greyscale. (Either by desaturating it or converting the image mode to grey scale and then back to CMYK/RGB.)
  2. Add a layer above your image.
  3. Fill the new layer with a gradient of the colour and angle that you desire. (The example image is a diagonal rainbow.)
  4. Set the gradient layer to MULTIPLY in the layers pallette.


10/26/2016 9:26:00 AM

Licensed under: CC-BY-SA with attribution
Not affiliated with: Stack Overflow