Is there a Github for Graphic Designers?
How do Graphic Designers share work they put in the public domain? I'm looking for a site that provides publicly visible, collaborative behavior like Github (which is for source code).
For those not familiar with the behavior of Github, here's an example:
- You upload a PSD of an image you want to put in the public domain.
- I can "watch" that image and be notified when you make changes to it.
- I can submit a "pull" request with changes I've made to your image, and you can decide whether to accept them or not.
- Anyone can download the PSD and use it (within bounds of the license).
- Anyone can see the history or progression of the image as changes have been made.
Are there any websites that offer this?
This answer is obsolete: Pixelapse don't exist anymore
Pixelapse comes pretty close.
Here's what they offer:
- Public gallery
- Downloadable source (e.g., PSD, AI, etc.)
- Revision history
- Commenting and annotations
- Dropbox-like saving behavior
Here's what they don't have:
- Licensing information for public works
- Explicit "fork" behavior and "pull" requests
Here's a sample I added to try it out: www.pixelapse.com/artworks/92981-store