How can I create this moire pattern in Illustrator?
How can I create this pattern? I need the white lines to be paths.
Using Illustrator, I created the wave, duplicated it and then use the blend tool to create this. Then I duplicate the pattern.
And then I rotated the whole thing to get this:
But I want the spacings to be consistent like the original image I've posted. Any idea how to go about doing that?
- Use the Rectangular Grid Tool to create a grid.
- Create a mesh envelope (Object â†’ Envelope Distort â†’ Make with Mesh...) with an even and equal number of rows and columns.
- Select alternating columns of mesh anchor points using the Direct Selection Tool (A) and offset their position.
- Do the same with alternating rows of mesh points.
- Create a pattern (Object â†’ Pattern â†’ Make) and adjust the height and width of the pattern to that of your original grid to align the pattern.
This was a quick example so it's not perfect. Some of the lines don't align perfectly but that can easily be fixed with a bit more time and effort.