How to find the vertical midpoint of a Gimp image or canvas?
How can I locate the vertical midpoint of a gimp image? I searched online and found this post, but it didn't give me the simple, step-by-step solution I was looking for.
4/13/2017 12:46:00 PM
After a few more minutes searching, I found the answer. So for anyone else who has this question I want to post a simple concise step-by-step explanation.
Script-fu window for setting vertical or horizontal guides by percent
- Make sure you have Gimp open with an image of some sort on the
- Image > Guides > New Guide (By Percent).
- If you don't see a Script-fu dialog box, switch between active windows until you
find it (in Windows use ALT-TAB).
- In the "Direction" drop-down
- Ensure that "Positon" is set to 50% and click
And that's it! If you followed the instructions you should now have a vertical line bisecting your image, in the exact middle of the canvas.
PROTIP: If you follow the procedure again, but this time choose "Horizontal", you will now be able to locate the exact midpoint of your image in all directions.
7/27/2016 4:44:00 PM
Website under construction!!!