Make a letter thinner with Inkscape
I have different logos I have to redraw. I use Inkscape. I find a letter that is similar than the original. But the original has thinner lines. If I Path > Object to Path, this converts the line of each letter in two lines. Is there a way to avoid that. I mean, is there a way to convert the original lines of each letter to a different thickness all together and with a numeric precise value?
- give your text a stroke
- convert the stroke to path
- perform Break Apart path operation, Reduce the opacity to 25(so that the overlapping paths could be identified)
- Remove unwanted parts(the outer and lighter parts)
- for complex paths like 'A', 'O' remove the innermost and outermost path.
- select all the other paths and combine them(perform combine path operation) and bring the opacity back to 100
you can also use this method to draw 2 concentric shapes with uniform distance between them(i always use this method rather than uniform scaling, it does not produce the result you expect if all sides of the shape is not the same and its much easier than manual scaling)