How is this "connected dots" pattern done?


I was wondering, if anyone could help me reproduce this "effect": Illustrator

I've noticed that this effect is often made with compound path, but I don't understand the process of it - do I have to make polygons at first and then make outline of them?

FYI: this background is downloaded from freepik

edit: Sorry, for wrong section and breaking few rules.. )= I didn't want something specific, just random effect for company I've been working for- it's science related.

Im a big fan of poly-art (that's fairly easy to make for me), but I was really curious about this one, because it seemed to be more complicated than it should be.

However, question is answered in comments below.

thank you and may the force be with you.. (=

2/19/2016 1:11:00 PM

Accepted Answer

This effect is called "Plexus". This page seems to offer brushes to do this effect. Maybe you can find a good plugin for that. There's a good Plexus-Plugin for Adobe After Effects

[This was originally a comment]

2/19/2016 6:05:00 PM