How do I create a button in Sketch (PDF) that launches a mailto link when its clicked?
I'm building what will be a PDF in Sketch 3.
I want to create a button (a rectangle box with "sign up" inside) that launches a mailto link when the person reading it clicks on it.
I can't figure out how to 1) add links in Sketch, or 2) make the entire button (including the border of the rectangle box) clickable, vs just the text portion.
Any help is appreciated!
After creating PDF without links, open it in Adobe Acrobat and choose the place where you want to link like in the image below:
Click Next and you will be prompted with a text box. Fill it with "mailto:[email protected]" without quotation marks. And you'll be done!
Hope it helps!
You can actually create a hyperlink in Sketch without using Acrobat.
- Paste the link from the browser.
- Right click on text AND Select the text -> Make link.
- Select the text and replace it with whatever you want.
Simply clicking the text block will not reveal Make Link option on Right Click. Also selecting part of the text will not reveal this option. It has to be a valid link.
- https://www.stackexchange.com -> is valid.
- stackexchange.com -> is valid.
- stackexchangecom -> is not.