How to create halftone image with same space and same size dots in Illustrator?
Hi how do you make something like this in Illustrator?
The dots have the same size and the space between them is fixed.
I tried halftone function but its not the effect I am looking for.
1/26/2016 3:11:00 PM
- Take the accepted answer: How to convert every pixel of raster picture to square objects in Illustrator? to create a mosaic of your image;
- Double click to enter the resulting group;
- Select one of the tiles and apply Effect > Convert to Shape > Ellipse... to it. Play with the settings to achieve a circle that is smaller than the original tile. I advise setting
- Open the
Graphic Stylespalette via the Window menu;
- Drag your ellipsified tile into the
Graphic Stylespalette. It will generate a new style.
- Here comes the tricky part: use the
Magic wandtool (Y) set to
Fill Colorto at once select all grey cells, and not the white ones. You'd achieve this by clicking with the wand on one of the grey cells. Adjust settings for the Magic Wand by double click on the tool in the toolbar.
- Click on your new graphic style in the
4/13/2017 12:46:00 PM