Fill the inside of a hollow font


If i have a font that has a hollow inside, how can I fill the inside with color? I've tried using an inside stroke but that only strokes inside the lines, not the character. I can't use masks because the text needs to be dynamic.

I'm using After Effects, but if someone knows how to do this in photoshop (other than the fill bucket), it might translate over..

enter image description here

1/7/2016 7:55:00 PM

You should be able to do this in Illustrator. Create your text, go to the Type menu, and select Create Outlines. You won't be able to edit the type as text any more, but you'll be able to manipulate the letterforms so you can fill the shapes with your desired content.

edit: After outlining the text, I would export it as a transparent image, and then import it to After Effects as an image asset. Hopefully this has answered your question.

1/7/2016 8:08:00 PM