how to make a layer mask and save it as black and white jpeg
i want to make a layer mask in photoshop. after that i want to save the layer mask as a black and white JPEG. i want to use this black and white JPEG as a mask in photoscan. how do i do that?
After you have made your layer mask, CTRL/CMD + Left Click the layer mask to create a selection of the layer mask. Fill the selection with black (See Layer 2).
Then hide all layers with the graphic and then save as a jpeg (In my example hide Layer 1).
If-need-be you can reverse the selection by Select -> Inverse.
Here are the steps:
- Make your mask the way you want
- Select Channels tab, you will see your mask at the bottom
- Target the mask channel, press Ctl-A to select all, then Ctrl-C to copy to the clipboard
- Press Ctrl-N to create a new document which should automatically be in the size of the mask, create the new document
- Press Ctrl-V to paste it into the new document
Now you can save it any way you like. Here are some screen captures for clues.