How to make shape background transparent?
I tried to select orange shape area using Elliptical Shape Tool and delete but nothing happened.
How to make orange shape background transparent to get white moon like icon?
PS. Sorry if this question seems like weird. I am not designer
This is a very low quality image. Although you can use "Select/Color Range" and click on the white part to select the whites, it will end up selecting what appears to be a transparent background which it is not. You are better off recreating the image.
- Create a document that is large enough for your needs
- Add a new blank layer by clicking on the new layer icon that looks like a square within a square
- Pick the marquee tool and change the marquee to an ellipse
- Hold the shift key to constrain it to a circle, click and drag while the shift key is pressed from top left to bottom right to draw a circle
- Pick up the fill tool and white foreground color and click inside the circle to fill it with white
- Your selection is still active, pick up the marquee tool again, hold the shift key and drag the selection from inside of it to the right until it marks the crescent area on the left
- Press the delete key
You will end up with the white crescent on transparent background. It will take you probably 3-4 minutes at most to create it while reading the instructions. That will be a crescent of the right size and shape for your needs.