How do I create a depth illusion effect with a spots pattern in Illustrator?
I need help creating such a graphic in illustrator or photoshop using simple tools and maintaining the perspective effect in sharp folds (contrary to wrap tools)
I tried mesh tool but couldn't figure out a way to have the slanted effect.
This is another method to do the job using Illustrator
- Create a circle and select it
- Go to
Object > Pattern > Make
- Adjust the spacing between circles in the pattern options panel and press
- Draw a rectangle and fill it with the pattern that you have just made; you may need to scale the pattern a little by choosing
effects > distort & Transform > Transformand scale the pattern and make sure that you checked
Transform Patternonly and uncheck the other options.
- Rasterize that rectangle by choosing
Object > Rasterize
- go to
object > Envelope Distort > Make with Meshin the dialogue box make the mesh that you want. in my example i keep it 4X4 as a start and you can add more mesh anchor by the mesh tool U.
- With the white arrow select any mesh anchor and move it to a new location to get the effect that you want.