How to get this blur texture effect in photoshop?


I'm trying to get an image to look similar to this photo:

Image from

I'd guess they took a picture of the monitor with a regular camera. But I'm more interested to know what effects / filters they used to get the blur and texture. Any suggestions would be appreciated

1/2/2012 1:33:00 AM

Accepted Answer

This looks like they applied the tilt shift effect to a photo of a monitor (or maybe they skewed a screenshot)

12/21/2011 7:27:00 AM

Easiest way to blur stuff in photoshop is Blur Tool (R)

Just take Blur Tool and select Soft Round Brush (The brush that is round and has 0 hardness) Then use various size(s), ones that are fitting to the area(s) that you want to blur of course. enter image description here

Then blur away. (You might want to make a copy of the image layer (Ctrl+J) before blurring. )

Original image (I used Perspective tool in it Top menu: Edit > Transform > Pespective )

Blurred image. Blurred image.