How to align text exactly to grid?
I am having a very hard time trying to align my text (among other elements) to my grid.
I want the text area to line up flush to my grid lines.
The type designer defines where the letters begins in the text box. If you want to make sure the path lies flush to your grid line, you have to work around this. The easiest way is to make use of the convert to outline function. However, if you want to keep the text editable, you can use this workaround:
A step-by-step breakdown:
- Set the x-value of your text to the value you want your text to stand in the end
- Duplicate the text at the same position (Cmd + F)
- Convert the text to outlines (Cmd + Shift + O)
- Copy the x value of the outlined text
- Delete the outlined text
- Subtract the copied x value from the x-value of your original text.
- Enjoy your perfectly aligned text