How do I make this punched-out text style in Photoshop?
Can someone tell me how to do this stencil style? I've tried searching for "stencil text style" and others but it only shows stencil fonts. I think this is not a font but is made with photoshop. Please help me, thank you.
Thereâ€™s a really cool and a little crazy way to do it, using
Blend If under Layer â†’ Layer Style â†’ Blending Options:
- Draw everything as black and white, with white where you want solid colour, and black where you want clear. You can use anything, including text and shape layers.
- Make sure you have a solid black fill as a bottom layer (in the objects youâ€™d like to use this technique for).
- Encase the text, other layers and black background in a group.
- Open Layer â†’ Layer Style â†’ Blending Options for the Group.
- Hold the option key and drag the leftmost Blend If / This Layer handle. Drag it all the way to the right. Click OK.
- Encase that Group in another Group.
- Use a Color Overlay Layer Style on the new Group (Iâ€™ve filled it with white).
- You can now place an image below and itâ€™ll show through. You can even edit the text, change font etc etc.
Iâ€™ve written more about the technique here: http://bjango.com/articles/blendif/