Paste text in Photoshop without styling
I would like to copy text in one text element (A) in Photoshop and paste it into another text element (B) without influencing the style. I would like to keep the styling of element B when I paste.
Photoshop instead copies the styling from A with.
Any keyboard shortcut to make this work?
there's no such shortcut in Photoshop. Paste in a plain text editor, copy from there and paste again in Photoshop.
If you're on a Mac and have ClipMenu installed, simply hitting cmd+shift+v and selecting the same text should clear up the text formatting.
You can do this one step faster. Instead of the text editor, Use Photoshop's Font drop-down for clearing the text styling!
- Copy the text you need to paste, from wherever (web, other app, other Photoshop file).
- Select the Ps Type tool (you would be doing this anyway, because you're pasting into a text object).
- Paste into the Font drop-down. (this is the "hack" part)
- Select All from the Font drop-down and Copy again.
- Hit Escape. (to revert the Font drop-down selection to what it was before and prevent getting an error)
- Paste into your destination text object.