How do I draw a box around an object in Inkscape?
There is a really handy way to size the page: "Resize page to drawing or selection". Is there a similar option for drawing boxes around a selection? I have a group of objects that I would like to draw a tight rectangle around.
- Group your objects.
- Copy (Ctrl+C)
- Draw some rectangle (its position and size do not matter).
- Select your rectangle.
- Editâ€¯â†’â€¯paste sizeâ€¯â†’â€¯paste size.
- Open the alignment tab and set relative to to first selected.
- Select your group and then your rectangle.
- Use centre on vertical axis and centre on horizontal axis from the alignment tab.
- Group your objects:
Enable "Snap to bounding box corners" and "Snap bounding box corners":
Draw a rectangle, any size:
Resize the rectangle: