Gimp smooth edges coloring
I have a PNG image with transparency. It is an icon of single color and I want to change its color.
What I have done so far is,
- Select the area I want, either by Fuzzy select or the color select tool.
- Color with the bucket fill.
However I get rough edges, not blended with the transparent background.
How can I achieve that?
I found a solution to my problem that is the following,
- Select what you want NOT faded. Use any selection tool you want.
- Next go to Select > Invert
- Now go to Select > Feather - feather by 3
- Select Edit > Clear
In case the image is already anti-aliased,
- Right click on the Layer from the Layers Dock
- Select Alpha to Selection
- Bucket Fill