How can I outline this image with a thick black border
I would like to turn this image into just a simple black outline.
Like this simple hand drawn example below, but more precise.
- Choose magic wand tool set options to:
- 1, levels Tolerance
- Anti-alias on
- Click on background white
- Holding shift down click inside handle, to add to the existing selection.
- Invert selection shift+ctrl+I
- Make a new adjustment layer
- Solid color, white
- Apply a layer style of stroke
Done. Your values may be different as scale might change things.
Image 1: Results of steps.
PS: you can also turn the selection into paths. That may be marginally better for low res images as it smooths edges.
Image 2: Instead of fill, the selection was turned to path with 1,5 px fidelity and then stroked with a brush.
Grab the Pen Tool and manually draw two paths - one around the bulk of the pitcher, ignoring the handle, then one around the handle.
Then combine the vector/shape layers for the shapes into one layer.
Add a stroke if a vector layer, or add a stroke via Layer Styles.