Swap Colors (not Invert them) in Gimp
I know how to Invert Colors but is it possible to swap Colors? For example from this one:
To this one:
So that I select one Area and then swap Colors (or even the full Layer/Picture)? By the way I am using Gimp 2.8.10
-Edit: I found this https://superuser.com/questions/155143/how-can-i-swap-colors-with-gimp but this is just for one Color and didnt work for me with the different color tones of transparency and it just works with one color at a time, where I need both colors swapped.
There is a filter in Photoshop called Selective Color that allows the user to modify multiple colors at the same time, but until 9/18/2014 nothing similar has been implemented in Gimp. The closest tool in Gimp to deal with what you are looking for is the Channel Mixer.
If you have more than a few, but less than 256 colors, you can work in indexed mode and reverse the ordering of the colors.
This can be done in 3 steps:
- duplicate and store palette
- reverse ordering of colormap
- apply the stored palette
Here a detailed explanation of these 3 steps:
- Palettes dialog (Windows -> Dockable dialogs -> Palettes): right click on the current colormap, select "Duplicate Palette", choose a new name (e.g. original palette), and save it.
- Rearrange Colormap (Colors -> Map -> Rearrange Colormap): right click, then click on "Reverse order", click ok.
- Set Colormap (Colors -> Map -> Set Colormap): click on the Palette and select the palette saved in step 1, click ok.