Are Gimp's template sizes correct?
When I start a new project of a poster which is to be printed on an A4 paper, I select gimp's
A4 dimension template, but as I recently found out, it is actually NOT A4.
If I import the finished product into MS Word which uses standard A4 sizes, my picture turns out to be longer than expectd.
Why is it so? Is it a problem in Gimp or are there different A4 dimensions for text and different for pictures?
Probably it would be more usefull if you specified the dimensions of your document isntead of naming it "P" and "Q".
1) I'm posting the dimensions here. The A4 paper is 21.0 x 29.7 cm.
2) The gimp's A4 templete generates a file of 300 ppi.
3) 300ppi converted to ppcm are: 300/2.54 which does not give us an exact number. 118.11 ppcm.
4) 118.11 ppcm x 21 cm= 2480 px 118.11 ppcm x 29.7 cm = 3508 px
5) The generated image from the templete A4 in gimp is 2480 x 3508 px. Yes it is correct.
Any strange behavior on word importing files is that. A strange behavior on word when you import files.