How to create a rectangle with one side stroke only in Inkscape?
How to create a rectangle with stroke only on one side of the rectangle ?
By default the stroke is applied to all sides of the rectangle.
7/24/2014 10:53:00 AM
Partial strokes are not part of the Inkscape SVG format, so you have to build them yourself:
- Create a version of the desired rectangle with strokes on all 4 sides.
- Duplicate it.
- Turn off the stroke for one of the rectangles (A) and the fill for the other ones (B).
- Lower rectangleÂ A behind rectangleÂ B, if it isnâ€™t already.
- Use Convert selected object to path on rectangleÂ B.
- Select the side of rectangleÂ B opposite to the desired one and use Delete Segment between two non-endpoint nodes and Delete selected nodes.
7/24/2014 12:16:00 PM