How to draw 3 overlapping circles with different colors?
Is there a free software to draw following in ubuntu? How to color the overlap zone? I am not able to figure this out in GIMP.
You can use Inkscape. Basically, youâ€™ll have to break the circles into several parts, one for each possible intersection of circles:
- Select two circles you want to create the intersection for.
Object â†’ Intersection(
Ctrl + *) to create the intersection.
- Copy the intersection to the clipboard (
Ctrl + C).
- Undo the intersection operation (
Ctrl + Z), which deletes the intersection object and restores the original circles.
- Paste the intersection object in place (
Ctrl + Alt + V, not
Ctrl + V).
- Colour the intersection.
- Repeat steps 1â€“6 for the remaining pairs of circles, and again on the three two-circle intersections (to create the middle intersection).
You might also want to use the difference operator (
Ctrl + -) on the outer circles to cut out the shape of the inner parts.
Indeed this is possible in gimp pretty easily.
- Create three circles with colors #ff0000, #00ff00 and #0000ff each to own layer with transparent background
- Add black background layer
- Position those circles as in your image
- Use Additive Blending mode for all of them
- Just remove black background if necessary