I have an image that I'd like to blend into another image. Using the gradient tool to draw black on a layer mask works fine, but I'm limited to just straight lines or circles. What I need is a rectangular shape.
I can create a rectangle and then add an inner glow effect, but I can't seem to add that rectangle to my layer mask...
Any help would be great!
I'm using Photoshop CS6.
Here is one method to create a custom shaded gradient or a gradient along a path
- Draw a shape on its own layer:
- Stroke the shape, it'll start something like this:
- Adjust to Inside and then Size until it fills your shape. In this example 18 did the trick. Really you can adjust all the way up since it won't go outside the edge anyways.
- Change from Solid to Gradient and then just adjust as you need to
- Set the style to Shape Burst