What is it called when you place text over an image?


For example, in this album cover:

enter image description here

Is the text "imposed" over the image? What is the right word for placing one layer of design on top of another?

11/24/2013 5:24:00 PM

Accepted Answer

This is overlay text. Text that covers the surface of the image is called overlay text. Because you can't see the parts of the image that are behind the white stroke of this font I would call it overlay :)

11/23/2013 6:15:00 PM

Licensed under: CC-BY-SA with attribution
Not affiliated with: Stack Overflow

Website under construction!!!