Creating series of horizontal lines in photoshop
I want to create this final output of image as in this answer, so first I need to create horizontal lines. I am very new to photoshop and a bit aware of Gimp. As I see every answer is in photoshop. Even the first question I have asked was on gimp which already has an answer for photoshop( my first question on graphics designing). So, I have decided to start with photoshop. But I am stuck at the first task itself :( Can someone help me with creating series of horizontal lines as in that answer. I tried according to this video, but ended up with below lines which has gaps between two lines instead of thickness of each line.
Here is what I currently have.
Can someone please tell me how to achieve thick horizontal lines pattern?
Let's say you want a 2 pixel line and a 4 pixel gap.
- Create a new image that is 1 pixel wide by 6 pixels in height, transparent background.
- Take the pencil tool and set it to 1 pixel, this should be a square
- Zoom in with Ctrl+Plus / Cmd+Plus until the grid appears
- Pencil the very top with two 1 pixel points
- You should now have 2 solid pixels followed by 4 pixels
- Select All (Ctrl+A / Cmd+A) and then do Edit -> Define Pattern
Now open any photoshop image and you can select an area and do Edit -> Fill -> change setting to Use Pattern -> Choose your newly created pattern.