Why can't I fill a selection with color using GIMP?
I am quite new to GIMP.
I created some text and set it along a path. I created a selection with the same shape as my text.
If I try to fill this selection with a color (Cmd. or Cmd,) GIMP appears to fill the selection, yet I see no visible color.
Why isn't the color fill visible?
You're on the right track, try this out:
- Lets call the layer with text as "Text-Layer"
- Right click on Text-Layer and then click on "Alpha to Selection"
- After the selection, create a New Layer
- Make sure you are working in this newly created layer and not any other layer (!imp)
- Now fill the selection with your preferred way
- Also make sure that newly created layer is above the Text-Layer, so that Text-Layer doesn't hide the fill effect in new layer.
My guess is, you might be missing the 4th step.