Illustrator CS5 Distorts Vector on Resize, using Scale Tool
When resizing a vector group in Illustrator CS5.5 with a custom made symbol in the group I get distortion of the proportion of the shape.
- Tried resizing with selection tool holding down shift or option
- Turning off align to pixel grid in the transform panel
- Turning off align to pixel grid in the symbol option
- Checking Enabled Guides for 9-slice scaling is turned on
- Checking Scale Stroke & Effects is turned off in preferences
Can you help me resize this without the distortion?
Thanks so much for your help. The problem was that 9-slice scaling and align to pixel grid had to be turned off for the symbol that wasn't resizing correctly. We'd turned it off for the objects but not the symbol - hence the distortion.