Photoshop action to export png using filename pattern (@2x)
How do you create a Photoshop action to do the following:
- Save for Web, at full size, using the (PSD) filename with "@2x" appended (and .png)
- Save for Web, at 50% size, using the (PSD) filename (and .png)
So, if you are editing myImage.psd; you should end up with
- myImage.png (50% size)
- [email protected] (100% size)
Apologies if this question is amazingly simple or has been answered elsewhere, but I have yet to find a straightforward answer explains how to export to png using the iOS naming convention.
These guys made a great action set that does pretty much what you want.
I modified their version of the actions (JLRetinaPNGExport.atn) which you can find here. This action set comes with 2 actions:
- current layer export as .png at 100% then 50%
- merge visible and export as .png at 100% then 50%
Hope this helps