How can I color a pattern in Inkscape?
How can I color a pattern in Inkscape without creating a custom pattern? I guess this should be possible, but can't make it work.
I draw a square and fill it with a color (green). Then I choose a standard pattern for the square. The green fill is gone and I have a black pattern. Now I would like to change the pattern's color. How can I do this?
The easiest way I figured out is probably this:
- Draw a figure.
- Select the pattern from Fill and Stroke ("FÃ¼llung und Kontur").
- Click Extensions > Colour > Replace colour .. (should be something like Erweiterungen > Farbe > Farbe ersetzen in German).
- Enter the hex code for your desired colour.
- Select Edit >> XML Editor.
- Expand svg:defs >> svg:pattern id="Strips1_1".
- Select svg:rect.
- Click style.
- Set fill to the RGB hex code (including the #).
- Click Set to apply the changes.