Is there a version of Illustrator's "Divide Objects Below" for Inkscape?
In the project I am working on, I need to draw a line across the image and split all paths below that in Inkscape. I know Illustrator has
Object > Path > Divide Objects Below. Does Inkscape have a version of this command?
If I understand what you are asking, this is what you want to do.
you have a bunch of paths creating an image and you need to slice the image with a line.
so here is an image and we want to cut it on that black line.
And we want this (two movable parts).
To do this:
- You should group all your paths.
- Duplicate and move it (you will need to move it back so take note of where it was).
- Draw your line.
- Select your line and use the pen tool to extend the line into a rectangle or if you need a straight line then just use the rectangle tool over the part that you want to keep.
- Duplicate the rectangle and move the points to the other side that you want to keep.
- Now select your image and then your path, go to
Object > Clip > set
- Move the other image back and do the same.
Now if you just want to divide a path from another path.
Here are two path objects.
And an example, I made the top path transparent so you can see under.
you just go to
Path > Division.
Or if you need to cut the difference of the top path and the path under.
Path > difference
Or, except where the top path and bottom path intersect.
Path > Exclusion
If you need something else just replay!